From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:53:41 -0600
Just to shed a little different light on the question of TS-590 vs. TS-2000,
I just very recently went through a pretty detailed evaluation of the TS-480
vs. the TS-590 vs. the TS-2000, and I selected the TS-590 for all of the
reasons stated here on the list, but then, to cover the 2 M and 70 CM bands,
I selected the TM-V71A. I prefer two rigs, instead of having it all in a
single package because if one rig goes down for whatever reason, I am not
entirely off the air. If the TS-2000 is the only rig you have and it goes
down, you are out of business until you get it back up and operational
again.

Of course, if you are like some of the fellows here and have one of about
every rig that has been on the market for the past 20 years, well, then,
what the hell; one rig goes down, you just turn on another one! <lol>

Ron, K8HSY