From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:27:43 -0700
Have you considered that the manufacturer may in fact have been right?  You
say that the antenna worked, but did it work, and generate the antenna
patterns that the manufacturer wanted it to make?  The fact that you
transmitted and someone answered, doesn't mean that the antenna worked as
per its design.  I am simply saying that you may have thought that it
worked, but if you checked the pattern with a field strength meter, the
pattern may have been all munged up.
Believe me, things are never as simple as they seem.

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ