From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2013 08:43:38 -0600
Aimee,
According to Google, gibbous describes the moon when more than fifty
percent is visible, but not 100 percent.  Waxing indicates
increasing, waning decreasing.
And bveing a lifelong total, this is all kind of mysterious to me.
I work for a social service agency and have absolutely no boubt when
it is a full moon.  You sorta hate to answwer the phone!!
Hope this helps.