From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:31:08 -0700
Hello Tom, 17 seems decent, but of course, that doesn't do contestors any
good, Hi.  Lately, at least here in Phoenix, 40 has been pretty good.  My
good friend Abdallah, 9K2GS, works 40 almost every night at around 02:00Z,
and has a good signal.  For those that do not know old Abdallah, he has one
of the strongest signals on the band, local or DX.  After working 40 each
evening for an hour or so, he always goes to 20 for a couple of hours.  He
calls QRZ for 30 minutes or more, then has a
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtable with about a dozen of us.  There are 3 Middle
East stations that work 20 almost every day like clock work.  9K2UU, A41MO,
and 9K2GS.  All three of them have very good signals.  Abdallah has a new
dual band yagi covering 40 and 20, Samir, A41MO, has 6 over 6 on 20, and
Barrak, 9K2UU has a 5 element 20 meter yagi on a 50 foot boom.  All 3 of
them run 1500 whisky.  If you don't hear these characters, the band is dead
city.

73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ