From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:42:03 -0500
Tom,

If you still have a 480 in the RV, it has the same molex  end as the 590.

What SWR are you showing on both the 590's SWR meter and the TW-1?  I
find the TW-1 to be less than totally reliable.

After tinkering and changing cables,  you may get to a point where it is
just easier to  try a reset.   If you have the Kenwood software running,
you can back-up, reset, and restore your settings in less than 10
minutes.  If it solves the problem, great.   If not, you concentrate on
  other things.   While it is always possible it may need service,
usually this stuff  turns out to be pilot error, bad metering, or some
other   piece of gear in the  system that has gone flukey.
73, Steve KW3A