From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:28:48 -0500
Ron,

Just thought of this, and  maybe there is a flaw in my theory that
someone will correct me on, but perhaps a cheap but clunky way to get 2
more pf keys is  to use the a/b menu option.

These late model  Kenwood's  let you select a menu A or menu B so that 2
  ops can have the radio set up with their own  menu preferences, or
someone may want to set up 2 different sets of menus for different modes
or styles of operation.

To change menu from a to b or  back again, hit the menu key to go into
menu mode, then hit the a/b key to change to the other menu set.   You
could then set menus 79 and 80 for the 2 front panel pf keys to
different functions.  Of course this  means changing back and forth
between menu sets, so you would probably  set whatever pf key function
you would need least often to the "odd" menu set, and leave the 2 most
often used pf key functions on what would be the "normal" menu set.

Well I've just confused myself, and probably you as well, and maybe I
missed something important in all this, but  I think it's doable.

73, Steve KW3A