From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:49:45 -0500
Tom, as the former Chair of the Marketing Department at Loyola University, I
fully understand and support your decision to take a break from the position
at the university. I think being a department chair is one of the most
stressful jobs in academia. You are caught in a kind of sandwich; i.e. you
hear complaints from all sides, and in my case, I had limited resources to
remedy the issues about which students, faculty, and administration were
concerned about.

I retired a year ago, and I have not missed the publish or perish pressure
for one nanosecond! <lol>

Kick back for a while, and enjoy ham radio, and you'll be a new man before
you know it!

Ron, K8HSY