From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:17:01 -0500
Alan, I wonder if your friend Stan would consider, as an alternative or
additional use of his fortunes, the idea of establishing a grant fund in his
name in association with an organization such as HandiHams with the
objective of providing matching grants to people with disabilities with
limited funds to purchase needed ham gear, e.g. transceivers, antennas, etc.
Just think of how much good he could do for other people, and in the
process, achieve a great deal of personal satisfaction knowing that he has
used his wealth, in part, for the good of others who are less fortunate.
Since I, personally, do not believe in "free-stuff handouts," your friend
could make his grant fund a matching grant; that is, recipients of each
grant would have to put up 50% of the cost of whatever they were requesting
the grant for. In that way, each recipient would have a vested interest in
whatever they were purchasing and your friend's funds would assist twice as
many people.

Ron, K8HSY