From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:14:29 -0500
Martin,

I've never heard of a caller ID box with an RS-232 port, but some phone
companies have a feature that might help in a different way.  Verizon calls
this feature "Privacy Manager," and it will let you build a list of numbers
you can block.  When you receive a call from a blocked number, the caller
hears a short message to the effect that the person they are calling is not
accepting calls from their number.  Privacy Manager also handles numbers
that block their caller ID by intercepting the call and giving you the
option to connect to the call, send the caller to voice mail, or play a
message telling the caller not to call again.  I realize that this isn't the
solution you were looking for, but it has been quite effective for getting
rid of unwanted callers.

Steve