From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2016 07:21:56 -0500
Richard,

Another thought on your issue.   There have been firmware updates to the
tuner over the years.  Since it is a used tuner, perhaps it needs a
firmware update?    I think the firmware version shows up on the power
up message on the tuner's display..   The latest version is on the MFJ
site.   I've never done it, but firmware is  installed via the 9 pin
serial connection on the rear of the tuner.

What brought this to mind is a faint memory  of some Kenwood users
having some sort of problem with this tuner years ago.    I really don't
remember what the problem was, but some were resolved with firmware, and
some had to go in to the shop for  some chip replacement.

Just another thought.

73, Steve KW3A