From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 20:36:28 -0400
That is true but someone asked about my SWR. Actually, the house makes the
vertical slightly directional though not as bad as you'd think, the wire had
no effect on it. I use the vertical all the time and notice no difference at
all with the wire there. Maybe I have things so messed up out there nothing
would effect it but actually when I put the vertical together, we used the
markings from the previous installation and I think I only had to make 2
very minor adjustments and one was the 75 meter section which is so narrow
where it was made sense for the lower to mid part of the band. but when I'm
on there I'm usually way high in the band so that's where I set it.