From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 20:26:37 -0400
In the past few years I have not connected any gimmicks across the
meter in my transmitter.  I just tune for maximum "smoke", that is,
maximum power output, read on an SWR meter, on the band and frequency
of interest.  Even with sweep tubes such as in the T4Xc or the linear
amplifier I have, it is possible to tune up quickly this way and not
lose any tubes.

On Sat, 17 May 2003 13:23:47 -02-30, Michael wrote:

>Hi folks:
>
>This new talking meter that I'm hearing about from this list:
>I'm wondering will this tool be the ideal, complete tuning aid?  I'm
>insearch of a moderern answer to the Fowle Gimique which I'm currently
>having built.  I would like a device which would allow me to tune up a type
>of transceiver that requires a key down while adjusting the plate and load
>controlls.
>Perhaps this new talking meter, which I understand is just on its way for
>testing, might have provissions to allow it self to be connected in some
>way across the main meter of the rig, at the same time be connected to
>measure power out and SWR.
>Can someone  shed some light?
>
>Thanks to all & VY 73:
>Michael VO1RYN

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home: <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>