From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 19:07:10 -0500
Hi, all.

Once again, this admittedly is off topic for this list, so please respond
off list if you'd like:

I guess I'm just venting here, but I'm having a real frustrating experience
getting proper assistance from Dr.  Leonard's regarding the problem I am
having with my On Time talking atomic watch.

You may remember my problem was that, when a new battery was installed by a
local jeweler, the analog hands on the watch no longer matched the
digitally-spoken time.

Their initial e-mail response to me was that I probably needed a new
battery, which indicates to me that they never even read my e-mail carefully
enough to get necessary details.  They told me they would send me a set of
instructions for the watch, if I needed them.  I then replied, asking them
to send me the instructions.

Today's e-mail response indicated that they were mailing me the
instructions, in the form of a letter that I would receive in 7 to 10
business days.  How much do you want to bet that those instructions are in
print?

I responded to them by saying that since I was lucky enough to have a
sighted spouse, the mailed instructions eventually might be useful, but
asked if they could send me an electronic copy of the instructions, or
direct me to a link where they could be found.

Why is it that I feel I'm back in the 1970's or something?

Again, I apologize to the list for the nature of this off topic post, and
realize that I'm really just venting.  In fact, I actually seriously debated
sending this post at all.

Nevertheless, I feel I am among friends here, and I don't want others to
experience this frusttration if it can be avoided.  It is responses like
this that make me pause before I recommend doing business with an
organization like this, if this is the approach they take to the products
for the blind that they sell.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Thanks for listening.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ