From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:17:19 -0400
Hello Jerry and List;
The icon basically has a telephone keyboard and you input your info txt message style the number 2 being the a b or c depending upon how many presses you give it.  The braille plus has a similar key pad but aph added a six key braille key pad.
Its pricey much more so than a netbook and system access.  The nice thing is that for openers it can easily be set up for nls and bookshare.  The second plus is that it is relatively stupid proof.  I just briefly browsed the help file and it was very intuitive.
The main consideration when looking at something like a braille plus versus booksense or the stream is do you want the ability to download info directly or is there no problem downloading from your pc unpacking and moving the folder to the player.
I don't have a list but the braille plus supports a number of braille displays not just the aph display.
Now if someone would just come out with a reasonably priced 40 cell display that was durable I'd be a happy camper.
There are some who are apparently using the braille plus as their primary pc.  It is a note taker and certainly no substitute for a good desktop or laptop.
Richard