From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2012 21:57:40 -0500
That's got a lot to do with the filtering and a PL-259 connector is so lossy
at 900 MHz, you'd lose all the signal before it even got to the radio.
that's why really anything above 220 should have N connectors, they get
lossy. I even know someone who tried one on 900 MHz, he lost 75% of his
signal in connectors alone, the rest was lost in coax not meant for that
band. So, you're not going to hear anything that high on those radios,
probably even 800 MHz is tough unless the signal is normally very good. I
don't know why they claim to receive that high, they really can't do it very
well.