From:
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:40:40 -0600
Well, I worked a few stations last night on 160 myself, which is certainly
no big deal to most of you, except believe it or not, those few QSOs on 160
last night were the first contacts I have ever made on 160 in my entire ham
career, and I've been a ham since 1957, 59 years! So, to me, it really was a
big deal! I was shocked when my 80 meter loop worked on 160. I have no idea
how badly the feedline is mismatched at the feedpoint, but I was able to get
my SWR down to 1 to 1 using my TS-590's internal tuner.

I finally got my loop up yesterday. I still have some work to do with it,
but it is sure working tons better than the attic antenna I was trying to
use. Now, if the covenants police of our community will mind their own
business and overlook my outside antenna, I'll be in good shape. I had one
neighbor behind me that was standing outside watching everything we did
yesterday when we were putting up the loop. I don't know if he is going to
be a problem or not; hopefully not!

As for the net this afternoon, most of the signals were pretty weak, but a
few were well above the noise. Paul had a really good signal. Paul, what are
you running?

73,
Ron, K8HSY