From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:33:20 -0700
Well, whether or not we can afford or we do have xm radio is beside the
point.  The music industry has been doing this kind of thing for years.  I
do care for that reason along.  Do you know we use to have really cool
sites on line that we could go to to play music until the poor music
industry decided they'd have to pay a few cents a song each time it was
played.  There was a guy I knew in Saandiago who had one of the coolest
oldies site around.  He had stuff you never hear any more.  You could even
search his data base andr request songs, and his audio was great.  Well,
he had to shut it down as he couldn't afford to pay the music indyustry
what they wanted.  You better believe I care.  Do you know why we have
special cds for home cd recorders.  You have to pay a fee to the music
industry for these special blanks, even if they're for your own use.
Also, you can't copy a copy, even if it is your own band who made the cd.
Guess who set all this up.  No love here for the music industry.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr