From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2010 08:16:05 -0700
Hi All,

I have an interesting problem here on 3870 AM.  I have a local noise in my
area which lands one of its spurs right on 3870.  I can eliminate some of it
with crystal filters in my receiver but keep thinking I need some noise
reduction in the audio as well.  Many of the DSP units I see talk about SSB
and CW but do not mention AM.  The only device I've seen where AM is
mentioned is the MFJ 722.  Does anyone on the list have experience with a
noise reduction device, DSP or not, which is effective on AM in terms of
setting high or low pass filters to help eliminate noise?  If so, please let
me know your thoughts.

Thanks much all and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX