From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2013 16:13:46 +0100
Hi Tom,

Right, now I fully understand!!  To find out what is happening I downloaded
the PA QSO Party software.  Unless I've got the wrong software, version 2.3
, this is not a new C# program, but still the VB6 version.

You are right to copy the wave files into the ' PA State QSO Party 2.3'
folder within the 'Program Files' folder.  This is the way the old software
works.

The good news.  Firstly, you have done no damage copying the new wave files
from the AE site into the Shared folder.  These will work on all new C#
programs.

Even better news.  When I copied the wave files from an old AC Log 3.2
folder, into the PA QSO Party folder, the Voice Navigation works on all
fields.  This includes Serial and County.  You can grab the files from the
Active Elements site, in the AC Log 3.2 demo page.

Interestingly, I find the new wave files also work fine.  I'm using Win 7 64
Pro.

You may well have found a problem under certain conditions.  The old wave
files don't work on the new programs, and the new waves do not work on the
old?

First though try copying some old wave files into the folder.

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals