From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2016 22:37:42 -0500
I think that computer control of most of these radios is already possible.
If Jim Shaffer had any Yaesu HF transceiver built in the last 10 years, plus
time and inclination, he could make JJ Radio work with it. For the older
rigs like my FT950, you have a standard RS-232 port to work with, so a
USB-to-serial adapter would be needed. Yaesu publishes on their website the
complete command set for each of these rigs. I haven't investigated what
Ten-Tec or Icom does for CAT control of their equipment, although most all
of these transceivers can at least have their frequency and mode changed.
I think the complaint against these manufacturers is that they don't provide
for a plug-in speech board.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com