From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 09:15:26 -0700
and yaesu is practically giving away the new digital/analogue dual band
repeaters to increase interest in their digital mode.
Not sure why it sounds better than DStar as I thought it was just another
p25 mode...
A couple of the guys around here have picked up the yaesu digital handhelds,
but we don't as yet have a c4fm repeater set up...they are selling them for
around $500 which gives you a full 50W dual band repeater with both c4fm and
analogue on the same frequency pair.
Maybe we'll stuff it in with the DStar and DMR repeaters we already have
that see very little use lol.
What is the best thing about digital?  Is you can call anywhere in the world
and still not talk to anyone lol.

73
Colin, V A6BKX