From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:54:22 -0400
Hi all, just letting everyone know, in Taunton, on 147.570 is a new simplex
link for echolink. I had it up a couple years ago and had problems so back
at square 1 here, the coverage will be bad for a time but if it's actually
used I have big plans to get it up and going very well in the fall. Nothing
is set in stone, even the frequency, but that's just where I happened to
find quiet back a couple years ago and it hasn't changed. PL will be 88.5
though it's not active right now because the radio is 23 years old and won't
support it it is putting out a tone if you want tone squelch. I might put it
on the big antenna at night some nights and other times if I like, it's up
until I go on vacation August 12. I'll pull it down probably the night
before and when I get back it will go back up and I'll upgrade it as time
and money allow and if it's actually used. Plan is, if it is used, before
the cold weather comes in, get a good antenna outside, and a better radio.
Right now, due to RFI issues it will be on low power on the attic antenna
unless I put it on the outside one for a couple hours, and might put it on
high power when I resolve an issue as is. Use it, have fun with it, I'll be
on during the week listening and playing around. Audio settings are a little
off but it's useable. I won't be able to talk tonight but if some one wants
to connect just so I know you can, that's cool. I think I have no firewall
issues though and it's there for anyone and everyone to try. If it gets
used, I really have big plans for it. I'm not a huge fan of echolink, but at
least this way I'm on the RF side of it and I'll play around with it. I know
there are other links in the area, I just had a lot of time on my hands
yesterday and my new radio desk computer is way way too much for packet and
logging so I decided to give it 1 more task and me 1 more headache in the
long run. 73 all, have fun with it and give me any feedback on it you can.
John Miller N1UMJ
AIM and yahoo messenger: N1UMJ
home page:
http://home.comcast.net/~n1umj/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html