From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:02:18 -0700
Hi Mat, I believe the process for balidating your call sign has become
more difficult recently!  It used to take aproximatly an hour and your
were good to go, but it is my understanding that now, they require a
photo copy of your license or a scanned image!  Your node number is
automatically assigned to you!

As far as frequencys, I wouldn't do it on the national calling frequency,
but any other simplex frequency that isn't to active should be OK.  I use
446.525 here in Apache Junction, Arizona, wich is about 35 miles east of
Phoenix, or just east of Mesa.  My node is farely low profile, as my
antenna is only at about 25 feet and I think I am the only one who uses
it!  GRIN!

HTH:
J. J.
John Jacques