From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:59:03 -0330
Hi Mike:

I'm a user of the Yaesu FT-450 (AT) version, both in a locla and HF remote invironment and I love it.
The only thing is, the only voice feed back you get is for Freq and mode or S-9, and Freq, depending on if you use either the Digital Voice Announcing 1 and enable  2 system. System 1 is active by default and you can assign the system 2 to the VS/CS button. There is no feec back of menu items and you'll have to enlist some sited assistance for menu configuration but once set up, you have to leave it alone. On of the items that you have to set is the (SetDil) so that you can toggle the select knob on and off to accest the RFPWR adjustment.
This is something not refered to in the Manual and was passed along to me by a Yaesu FT-450 user from the FT-450 user group.
You can connect up a laptop running Ham Radio Deluxe and it works wonderfully for direct freq access.
However, if your looking for a Kenwood TS-570 and above accessability, you won't get it.
You'll either love Yaesu or you don't. Also keep in mind, Yaesu is not going out of its way to please the blind ham and Kenwood is. I on the other hand have loved Yaesu and love the 450. I think the receiver for the price blows the 570, IC-706/7000 classes out of the water.
So if I can be any more help, don't hesitate to email me.

HTH & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN

P S

Next go round, can describe some remote if interested.

the VS-1 system or the Digital Voice Announcing 2.