From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:21:36 -0700
If both rigs are transmitting at the same time, a 20 amp wouldn't do it.
  I tend to buy much larger than I need.  I don't know about switchers,
but standard supplies, such as the astron 35 although rated say 20 amps
continious gets very very warm.  I ran a kenwood commercial repeater at
30 watts out, pulls around 12 ampss and that is of course key down as
long as the repeater is on, and the astron 35 ran warmer than I wanted,
so I put  a wrack mount supply I had out of a hundred watt commercial
machine.
73
Butch
WA0VJR