From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:38:02 -0400
		Hi Gang,

When I upgraded from xp to windows8 I found that there wasn't an equivalent
to Outlook Express.  The good news was that I had a copy of Microsoft Office
2003  and installed it.  Outlook 2003 is the older sibling to Outlook
Express and is contained in Office 2003.  The program for the most part as
far as E-Mail functionality works %95 how Express does.  Outlook has a whole
bunch of other office programs that I for the most part don't use.  All this
software works fine in the Windows8 environment.

I was in addition able to find a program called Classic Shell.  This will
restore an XP like format to the start menus etc.  No ribbons, no things
moving around, and no windows8 annoyances despite the fact that I am using
the Windows8 operating system.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM