From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:31:26 -0800
Hi All,

I am contemplating buying another radio for the home station here and
retiring the 480 to mobile and portable use.  I don't have the finances yet
to buy something brand new like the K3 and am not sure it is quite ready for
full access by a blind operator.  I am thinking of purchasing an older
TS-850.  My XYL tried to download the manual from the Kenwood site last
night and it says it's an empty document.  Therefore, I have a couple of
questions to ask the group.

First, does anyone have an electronic version of the manual I can have you
send to me?  Second, if any of you have used this rig, please tell me what
you think of it.  And, if you have used this radio and had the opportunity
to compare it to modern receivers, how do you feel it stacks up?  I would
appreciate any thoughts or feedback on these questions and reflections.

thanks much in advance and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX