From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2014 19:13:50 -0700
Hi Jim!

That is so cool what you have done!  You know, your setup is better than it
is for sighted people since all they know are menu numbers and must turn to
tables and cheat sheets to translate a menu number into what it really
means; like 1 = Display.  Well done!

I am wondering if this is some sort of stand-alone application you have
written?  Or, is it some sort of customization of JAWS or some other screen
reader?  Does what you have written work in conjunction with the ARCP-2000
and ARCP-590 programs for the TS-2000 and TS-590, respectively?  Or, do you
use some third party application?

On a related point, some have commented that rarely does one actually go
into these menus.  Basically, the point is made that once menu settings are
made using the ARCP-2000 or ARCP-590 programs, operation of the rig happens
mostly via the front panel buttons.  Is that right?

73,
Richard