From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:22:17 -0800
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the 590 meter either.  All this can be
set in the service me4nu.  You can make all kinds of adjustments, not
for the faint of heart for sure.  You can set alc, actual power using an
external meter.  After this is done you set another menu so it
recalibrates the reading you see on the radio.  Same is true of alc.  If
you change that setting, you can recalibrate the radio's alc setting.
It is all relative anyhow.  The tw1 isn't accurate at ll.  A good
relative indicator and the tone is worth what they cost.  I've also used
the tuning aid discussed a while back on this list.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148