From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 10:04:46 -0500
Gary,

Jim is a computer guy from way back and I think these are good reasons
to consider the upgrade.

I did mine just before Christmas and needed no sighted help.   I did
kind of fudge things a bit and waited until my brother was coming for a
visit, and did the upgrade the day before.   I figured if I got hosed
somehow, he could help me out.

Don't know if you use JAWS, but FS suggests uninstalling all versions
prior to V 16.   I didn't know that in advance, but all prior versions
were uninstalled during the upgrade process.

I have had no problems thus far with programs,  scanners, printers, etc.
not working.

Only exception so far has been the driver for my Wavenode swr/wattmeter
needs to be updated and the instructions for this seem  a bit
complicated.    Maybe as I get more familiar with Windows 10 I will
understand a bit more.  For now am running Wavenode on a XP machine.

73, Steve  KW3A