From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:14:03 -0500
Since we changed from DSL Router to FIOS Router, Echolink quit working.  It sees other stations but won't connect to Test Server.  Verizon tec folks have no idea since "the problem is softwere and we don't advise on software."

I ran a diagnostic from Echolink. (See below."  Verizon says they do not block UTP.  Here's the report . . .

Windows XP Service Pack 3
Local IP address: 192.168.1.3

Firewall Test Results: FAIL

The test successfully connected to the EchoLink server on TCP port 5200.  This means that your system's TCP configuration is correct for use with EchoLink.

The tester was unable to communicate over UDP.  If you have Internet security software installed, be sure it is configured to allow EchoLink to access the Internet.  If you have a router or firewall, be sure it is not blocking UDP ports.

There appears to be a router between this computer and the Internet.  A router normally requires special configuration for use with EchoLink.

For more information, click the Help button above, or see the Firewall Solutions page on the EchoLink Web site.

Any Ideas?  You may write off group.
73
Bob - KC3FI

EchoLink Node - 55127