From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 07:00:44 -0600
Mike,

You can enter the scientific notation in the Windows calculator as follows:

1.  From the view menu select "Scientific"
2.  Press the "X" key, this allows you to enter a number in scientific
notation.
3.  To enter a negative power of 10, change the sign with the "F9" key prior
to entering the power.

So for example if you wanted to enter 50 micro henrys, you would enter the
following sequence:

"50" "X" "F9" "6"

The display on your calculator would show the following:

"50.E-6"

To take the square root of the L multiplied by C do the following:

1.  Using the JAWS cursor, navigate to a button labeled "INV" near the top
of the calculator in the row above the 7 8 9 and do a left mouse click.
This button does an inverse function on the next key press and only remains
on for the key pressed immediately following the press of the "INV" button.

2.  Navigate down the calculator keyboard with the JAWS cursor and locate a
button labeled "X^2" and left click on this button and you will have taken
the    square root of the number in the display.  The "X^2" is in the bottom
row of buttons.  The "X^2" button squares a number if not proceeded by the
press of the "INV" button first.

Try this square root function on several numbers that you know the square
root of such as 100, 81, 64, 16, or 4 so you know you are doing it
correctly.

I hope this helps.

73's

Howard #3, W A 9 Y B W