From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:05:04 -0600
Richard, a little research reveals that the RFI problem you are experiencing
with your Astron SS-30 power supply is not unique. Some others have reported
similar problems with that supply. Here are some of the comments I found on
eHam:

RE Astron SS-25 and SS-30 power supplies

My Astron SS30M works well most of the time. However, I have had it shutdown
several times because of RF getting into it. I am operating portable in the
desert of Qatar and will be operating in Iraq, and I can't seem to get a
decent ground. I also have a problem with the Amp Meter not working
correctly. It will show only 2-4 amps when while I am key down on CW with
about 100 watts out. It normally would show 15-20 amps. This was recently
noticed when I hooked up a LDG Z-100 auto-tuner. With the tuner set next to
the power supply the Amp Meter does not work. Seems RF is getting into the
power supply and causing problems. Otherwise the power supply works well. I
do not notice any switching noise, but then I have a constant S2-S5 noise
level due to proximity to some HV power transformers.

First, it was on 20m. I had the radio stacked on top of the power supply to
save space on my desk. I could TX on 80, 40, 10, and 2 meters without
problems. Go to 20 and it would start buzzing and my FT-857 would shut down.
I rearranged my cables, and now the problem is on 2m.
My other power supply (from a different manufacturer), when connected in the
same exact configuration (cables) works flawlessly.

I recommend trying Steve's approach and see if that solves your problem.
Regardless, I still think you are having problems with common mode currents
on your feedline shield if you are using coax. -- Ron, K8HSY