From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2013 12:52:47 -0800
Steve, I found out why the chip quit.  It was an EMP from that
North Korean missile! No seriously, you are right.  It could have
been some kind of voltage spike but I'm almost positive it wasn't
lightning.  We seldom get thunderstorms here, and though we had a
few days where the forecast called  for chance of thunderstorms,
I never heard any rumbles or any reports of lightning.  73, Jim