From:
Bud Schwab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:33:03 -0700
Hi guys,

I went to the Nebraska school for the blind during the thirties and early
fourties  We didn't have a radio club, but a few of us guys took some old
regenerative receivers and made them oscillate and we put a carbon mike in
series with the antenna and it would transmit for several hundred
feet.  They were very strict there as far as lettintg the boys even talk to
the girls, so we would get them to tune us in and we'd make dates with them
to meet them some place in the building.  One guy did get caught and was
expelled.  For those of us who didn't get caught it was a lot of fun.  This
isn't exactly what you asked for about any ham stations at school, but I
thought you might get a kick out of it.

I've had my ticket since 1947 but have been inactive for a few years but am
getting back into it again.
This looks like a great group..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P