From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2012 09:11:50 -0600
I'm always amazed at how late in the morning I can hear some signals
during the 160 meter contest, just as is the case for how late in the
evening signals are audible on 10 meters long after the experts say it
is dead.

The last man standing at my Mississippi QTH today was WB9Z. I last
heard him at 8:58 AM central time on 1.821, using my 80 meter inverted
V as a receiving antenna. He was 559, but fading fast.

I'm not sure exactly where within Illinois his QTH, Crescent City, is,
but the closest
point of Illinois to me is easily 500 miles away, probably
closer to 600.

He is obviously not running QRP right now.

Mike Duke, K5XU