From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 23:33:59 -0500
No, not confused, leaning toward the 480, or 570, 590? don't know a
lot about the Kenwood 2000 much but will attempt to read a good bit
about it, how it compares with the others, price wise, etc. Some are
meant to go mobile a good bit easier than others, etc.
I come from the era of hf in one package, VHF and UHF in other
packages, but mainly this will be an HF rig though if it did 2 meters
also I wouldn't kick much.
I hear that the 2000 has better transmit audio than the 480, but
again, I presume that would be more the interface with microphone and
band pass, etc.
I have no experience with any kind of digital audio processing yet,
so that will be a new experience for me.
Thanks!
by the way I haven't heard of Icom with a speech synthesizer, or if
there is software to control those rigs with the computer as in the
Kenwood 480S/at, etc.

--
Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Clear, 73°F Wind:SE-140° at 12mph
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F