From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 23:04:20 -0500
The cobra ultralite has 2 or 3 versions, I've used the Sr. which is 140 feet
long and loved it, I really wish I had room for it here but I don't. The Jr.
is the same thing but shorter, I forget by how much and doesn't cover 160,
it covers through 80 and I'd imagine works great. I do know a couple people
running them and they like them, it's a little pricier than some but if I
had the money I'd probably try the shorter one here based on how much I
liked the big one. It's fed with ladder line and you really can't shorten
the ladder line by much, a little won't hurt but you have to make figure 8's
if the ladder line is too long. I think it's 70 feet of ladder line which
would be another issue where I am now but I ran that in almost to the radio
where I used to live and that's so far the best antenna I've ever used. I
can't see why the shorter one wouldn't be just as good for what it does. I
had one, a friend of mine who turned me on to them actually has 2 up, one
pointing north and south, one going east to west, a friend who helped me put
mine up went out and bought one because he liked it and he's very happy with
it, and I know of several others running them. So far I've only heard of one
breaking and that was installer's error, they are well made and really
perform, I even did an A/B test with my old G5RV and it blew the G5RV away
noticeably. I can't say enough good things about it.