From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:48:11 -0500
Hi, folks.

Well, as some of you know, I've been toying around with the idea of starting
a midwest/east coast roundtable.  This is being proposed  so that some of us
who can't hear each other normally on the regular Sunday afternoon
Crosscountry Blind Ops net, will be able to talk with each other on the air
in another way.

What I'm proposing here is a lower sideband roundtable on 40 meters at 2100Z
on Saturday afternoon.  For those of you who are a bit rusty on time
calculations, that would be 4 p.m. Eastern, 3 p.m. Central, etc..  I thought
it'd be easiest to stick with the 2100Z time, since this is what we all are
used to for the Sunday afternoon cross-country blind ops net.  I would think
that, at 2100Z, there may still be some relatively short skip on 40 meters
from the mid west to the east coast, and that the band may lenghten out
enough to give us even longer workable distances.

We will need to find a frequency, and I'm thinking of something like 7.195
MHZ.  This would be well above the new 7.175 lower limit for ssb operation
for General class licensees, If memory serves me correctly.  It also would
be below those pesky foreign broadcast stations.

It might be helpful for someone to do some checking, just to be sure that
the 7.195 MHZ frequency is not occupied by some sort of regular net at that
time.

Let me know your thoughts.  I'm open to any suggestions.

I'd like to take a shot at the roundtable this coming Saturday: January
22nd, if that would work for others.

Could be lots of fun.

P.S. In calling this a midwest east coast roundtable, I, in no way, want to
imply that this is limited to those in certain regions of the country.  In
fact, nothing would please or excite me more than to have a good
long-distance contact with someone from the other side of the country!!!
Again, like the Sunday afternoon 2-meter cross-country blind ops net,
everyone is welcome!

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI