From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:21:51 -0500
Hi Gang, the Sharp I have, very early 80s vintage, if you ever lose power
for an extended time, _________Will Not! allow you to set _Any year past
1999 directly.
What you have to do, is set the clock-callendar at 12-31-99@1159PM, and let
time pass.  Then, repeat the process until you get to 2005 or whatever year.
Once I had the proper year established after y2k's first battery
replacement, I tried to figure what day was on what date in a preceeding
year, and lost the whole year setting, and could only regain it by repeating
the process outlined above.
I never ran across any others, but the battery life with a good set of
Energizers or heavy duty alcolines is extremely good with this one.

     Speaking of off topics, May I ask if any of you has one of the RCA AM
FM VHF UHF tv-radios with the brailled dials that were so very good, and had
little to no IF Feed through imaging from either the short wave or ham
bands,/there I did ty it in, that you'd sell-swap-give away, or do you know
where I might find one?  Thanks, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.