From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2016 12:43:50 -0800
Being the proud owner of a new THF6A for a couple months now, I
can say yes to all.  It's a great radio but is not as good as my
old Yaesu VX5R far as wide band receive.  I was also surprised
that I couldn't hear our very loud highway patrol base on VHF low
42.92 MHZ on it.  However, the fact that you can punch in
repeaters and Pl's on the fly is really great and the reason I
bought the rig.  Speaking of keypads, there was some discussion
about people's keys going out on the THF6A after some years of
operation.  I understand that it is possible to replace the
keypad but don't know if a blind guy could do it without sighted
assistance.  73, Jim WA6EKS