From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 23:39:15 -0500
I am totally blind, and I've held numerous positions over the years.

1. Real estate: residential and commercial sales; investor, e.g. buying
"fixer uppers", refurbishing them and flipping them; own several properties
that I lease

2. Insurance sales

3. Securities advisor/sales

4. direct mail marketing

5. Co-owner of a radio station

6. Owner of a road map wholesale distribution and vending service

7. Owner of a wholesale jokes, pranks, and novelty business

8. Business/marketing consultant to firms from entrepreniurial start-ups to
Fortune 500 corporations, e.g. 3M, Texas Instruments, Sony, among others

I am currently retired from a 40+ year career as a university professor;
however, I still do some consulting; my most recent client is Sony
International.

I have never had any commission, division, bureau, agency, or office for the
blind ever assist me in obtaining or maintaining any of these positions. I
originally received financial assistance from such agencies when seeking my
BS, MBA, and Ph.D. degrees.

If anyone wants any more information about any of these positions, I will be
glad to answer your questions. My interest in ham radio very early in my
life certainly influenced my getting involved with the radio station. Owning
a radio station was a dream my best friend in high school and I shared; he
was one of my partners in that venture.

Ron, K8HSY