From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:07:20 -0400
    Kevin and all:

Well, the crosss-country blind ops net is sure a different experience in
Michigan, than it was out in Colorado.

As you know, I'm currently using the Alpha Delta DXCC antenna I had up out
in Colorado, and it probably isn't any higher up than it was out there, but
location sure seems to make a difference.

Most stations I either didn't hear, or were right at my noise level.

The clearest signals for me today were Kevin, ED, and Sal from Las Vegas.

I was surprised that I didn't hear John (KD8PC) from Arizona, but I guess
propagation to the southwest just wasn't in my favor.

I'd like to get my DXCC antenna up higher, but right now, I have no easy way
to do it.

Hopefully, my Carolina Windom will make a difference, especially if I can
borrow some neighbor's trees and get it up higher overall.

It was a real pleasure, though, being able to check into the net, so
hopefully, conditions will continue to improve in the coming weeks.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI