From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 19:03:03 -0800
I have seen these codes substituted for normal ascii characters as long as
I've been using email. It appears almost random and apparrently has to do
with differing standards in how character sets are translated and packed for
transmission. My experience so far on this list is that it's not much worse
than many others I'm on.

Yes, it's a conspiracy, the universe most certainly does "play dice!"

The only good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from.!
Tom Fowle WA6IVG