From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:00:01 -0400
I had 1 of those radios,  about the only way I could program it was with the
software, the first time I could do it with out but after that, adding
frequencies and all, I kept overwriting other things I had in memory and the
PL tones aren't accessible at all, but once you get it programmed, it's not
a bad little radio. I've had better, but it's not that bad, only thing I
didn't like about it is it gets so hot but I've never heard of 1 of them
burning up and the yaesu 2 meter radio I know 4 people now who've burned
them up, the FT-2800M I think it is,  4 of them out of 6, and 1 of those
that survived he replaced it anyway because he wasn't waiting for the
problem  hi hi  but the icom 2100H, isn't a bad radio other then what I
mentioned above I'd have kept mine but I wanted a duel bander and some times
I think especially with the luck I'm having this week, I should have kept it
for a backup.