From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:31:04 -0500
Hi Don and Butch and the group.  I have been working for the past year with
an advocate and she strongly discourages people from using the national
number.  The local office is who you deal with and they know your case
better then anyone.
    When I changed jobs it was time for me to update with them any how, and
I wasn't too happy with my local office, and went out of my way to go to
another office, and filed a formal complaint against the local office, and
after that they made a 180 degree turn around.  Another thing to suggest is
be patient  when going to your local office.  I can only speak for our
office in Rochester, NY, and it is always crowded, and if you don't have an
appointment chances are you will have to wait a while.  When I had to go I
either made an appointment or went at the end of the day.  Good luck and
hope this helps.