From:
"Richard B. McDonald" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:30:28 -0800
Hi Neil!

OK, please let me clarify two things.  First, when you say that the data
rate (baud rate) must be set correctly "at both ends" you mean between the
TS-2000 and the 998, right?  Presently, the TS-2000's baud rate is set at
9600.

Second, you say that the data (i.e., interface) cable between the TS-2000
and the 998 is not enough; and that there must also be n RCA cable from the
TS-2000 to the 998, and another from the 998 to the amp PTT.  For the
TS-2000, there is no RCA connecter for connection to an external amp.  There
is, however, a "REMOTE connector - Mates with a 7-pin male DIN connector for
connecting an HF linear amplifier" (from the TS-2000's manual page 13).  So,
do you mean that this should connect to the 998; obviously with an RCA plug
at the 998's end?

73,
Richard KK6MRH