From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:39:30 +0100
Hello all

I have a good friend in the USA who is a retired cardiologist and had
this very same interchange with him some years ago.

Basically, he says that the caveats given are to protect the
manufacturers interests and he is only aware of a couple of incidents
when they have failed in hams probably due to poor matching of antennas
to the rig.

73 de g3yxx

I think you wrote  below <[log in to unmask]>,
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]> writes
>I don't think using a HT would cause problems.  In those instances of
>which I am aware, it was high-powered gear, i.e., HF SSB/CW gear, that
>was involved in heart-stopping events!
>
>Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
>Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >
>... Ask not for whom the <^G> tolls.