From:
"Richard B. McDonald" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2016 11:44:49 -0800
Hi Steve!

It is entirely possible that I am misunderstand this.  Let me explain it
this way:

My "amp enable in/out" RCA jacks (two of them) run between the 998 and the
1306.  The 998 is interfaced correctly to the TS-2000 with its respective
cable.  The 1306 is also properly interfaced with the TS-2000 with its
respective cable.

Indeed, keying (PTT) works. Pressing the TS-2000's "tune" [AT] button does
indeed correctly cause the TS-2000 into low power, CW mode during tuning,
and then return it to its prior state once tuning has completed.

All the above works fine while the 1306 is in "standby" mode.

However, if the 1306 is in "operate" mode, it is supposed to go into
"bypass" (not "standby") mode during the tuning process, and then return to
its "operate" mode once tuning has completed.  This is not happening.  As a
result, even though the TS-2000 has properly dropped to low power and CW
mode, that ~5 watts of low power going to the 1306 yields ~70 watts coming
through to the 998.  The 998 therefore squawks "QRP", stops tuning, and ends
up with a high SWR.  Since there is now a high SWR, the 1306 now sees it and
goes into an "error condition" (high SWR).

Simply put, the 998 is supposed to 1) drop the TS-2000 into low power and CW
mode *and* 2) put the 1306 into bypass mode during tuning.  "1" is
happening.  "2" is not.

I hope I am explaining better here what's happening.

73,
Richard KK6MRH