From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:31:54 -0400
Eham is a great place to look and there are plenty of plans out there to
make off center fed dipoles. I have a few ideas myself but want to try them
first myself and don't have the time right now.
I missed the part about power supply originally. Personally, I have an
astron rs35 power supply, I've had it about 10 years now and with my packet
station and all, it runs 24/7, as does my duel band radio, I almost never
shut that off, and my HF radio is on a lot almost form when I get up until I
go to bed, monitoring ecars the early part of the day and NTS nets and
talking in the afternoon and evening a lot, and that power supply never once
complains. That will run all you want easy, mine is running my duel bander,
my gmrs radio, my police scanner, my 2 meter radio and TNC for packet, and
my HF radio, with no problems all day long. I'm forgetting something else
hooked up but I forget what.

If you're only goign to have 2 or 3 radios, Anderson power poles re nice but
you don't have to worry about that right away. If you never plan to move
things around or not much changing of equipment or anything, I wouldn't
worry about it. I used to change stuff out a lot here so I have them and I
like to know I can put my IC-706 from my go kit in my station here in the
house if my HF radio breaks or something or if I go on a long trip I like to
know I can put that in the family car in place of my mobile, or if my mobile
breaks, I like to know I can put a spare 2 meter radio in there or something
and still have it.